Terms & Conditions
Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘The Centre for Investigative Learning’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 9 Uplands Roads, SS5 4DL. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Booking and Cancellation
- For current event costs and dates, please refer to our Book a Course page.
- Before booking onto the event, please ensure you have read the event programme and content, to ensure it will suit your needs.
- If an event registration/booking form is completed by an individual other than the named delegate, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the delegate is authorised and able to attend the event on the employer’s behalf.
- Upon receipt of your registration/booking form and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed.
- Important note: The Centre for Investigative Learning’s acceptance of your booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between the Company and the client on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by the Client in any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract.
2. Invoicing and payment
- Delegate fees (including any card processing and/or booking fees applicable) are payable upon booking unless a valid, authorised Purchase Order is provided and accepted.
- For online bookings paid at the time of order, invoices/receipts will be issued electronically from the booking website on completion of the booking.
- For bookings accepted with purchase orders, invoices will be sent via post to the name and address provided on the booking form and must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date or not later than 1 working day prior to the start of the event, whichever date occurs soonest (the “due date”).
- Payment must be made in pounds Sterling by cheque, credit/debit card or BACS.
- If any amount properly due to the Company under or in connection with these terms and conditions remains outstanding beyond the due date The Company may:
a. charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of *BSC BANK* from time to time (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment, be compounded quarterly, and be payable on demand); or
b. claim interest and statutory compensation pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998).
3. Event attendance
- Delegates will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form or via another instructed method.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the event registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the delegate. Instructions will be sent via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the event registration/booking form to contact The Centre for Investigative Learning to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the event will result in the full cost being incurred. No refund shall be given unless failure to attend can be verified with a letter from a doctor or GP.
- The Company will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email provided on the booking form. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of the Company, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the speaker(s). The Company reserves the right to exercise this.
4. Cancellations and Amendments
- All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking (excluding any card processing fees and/or booking fees previously applied), as shown below.
Calendar days notice before the start date of the event
|15 calendar days or more
||50% refund of basic attendance fee
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)
||No refund will be given
|Failure to attend
||No refund will be given
- For employer bookings only, in the event of a delegate named on the booking form being unable to attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the event date.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto an event the Company reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event.
- In the event of cancellation of an event by The Company, we will endeavour to inform all delegates up to a week before the event is due to take place, where possible. All event fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another Building Skills Centre event. The Company shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
5. Event Provisions
- Organising and financing accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the delegate.
- Where food and refreshments are to be provided, this will be stated on the event details and the cost included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to The Company in advance of the event.
6. Force Majeure
- The Company shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should the event be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
7. Entire Agreement
- These terms and conditions, together with the current Building Skills Centre website prices, event details and Company contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the event. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a Director of Building Skills Centre. In particular, no terms and conditions incorporated within your purchase order and nothing said by any person on behalf of the Company should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by The Company. The Company shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
Exclusions of Liability
Following attendance of an event, the attendee is responsible for the interpretation and implementation of skills learned. The Company will not accept any responsibility on behalf of the client for any work carried out after the event.